ICON has a strategic partnership with LINE, in both business and technological development.
- The ICON Foundation established a joint venture, 'Unchain' (2018.05.15), with LINE.
- Hongkyu Lee is CEO of Unchain, former Development Director of ICON and executive at ICONLOOP, and nine developers from ICON also joined Unchain to develop LINE’s blockchain platform.
- This partnership aims to create synergies between ICON’s blockchain technology and LINE’s massive user base reaching 300 million MAU, which is an opportunity to expand DApp services and create a real-life blockchain use-case.
- Joint venture Unchain has developed LINK Chain, LINE's blockchain platform.
- LINK Chain is based on ICON's consensus algorithm LFT (Loop Fault Tolerance) and ICON’s smart contact module SCORE (Smart Contact on Reliable Environment).
- LINK officially announced the technological fact on its FAQ.
"LINK Chain is developed by UNCHAIN CORPORATION, the joint venture of LINE and ICON Foundation." "LINK Chain supports prompt consensus based on the LFT (Loop Fault Tolerance) algorithm supporting BFT (Byzantine Fault Tolerance)."
-LINK whitepaper(ver.1.2) will be updated with details regarding the use of ICON’s technology.